Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Rose By Any Other Name...

As my best friend Tiffany has pointed out in the comments section to my previous post, I have left out a few nicknames...  I suppose I did this because I wanted to type the abridged version.  But now that it has been brought to my attention, I must respond accordingly.  (Though I'm sure I'm still leaving some out...)

Tiffany = Tiffy (yeah, I'm creative...), Tiffanoleum (woah, no clue how to spell that!), Twin, Fwiendy, Fwiendles, other things involving changing the "r" in "friend" to a "w"

Ryan (Tiffany's finance - yes, I spelled finance not fiance) = Crab

Justin = Justa-Just, Just-in-Time (I'm not kidding), The Impregnator (also not kidding)

And I forgot that for me, somewhere before Beebs came Beep.  Plus, Justin's teasing me about my egg tooth once I became The Speckles Chicken.  (How else could I escape from my shell?!??)

Justin and I also call each other "pal" a lot.  So without vowels (we don't like vowels, remember???), that means right now, I'm Brdpl and he's Brpl (Birdpal and Bearpal).  Also, adding Pod without the "o" is one of our favorites.  That would make Brdpd and Brpd.  Confused yet?  That has become the story of my life with Justin.

Other than that, we are pretty much normal.

Oh wait.  No we're not.

While we are on the topic of random names, I must comment on my sister Josephine's AWESOME choice of a name for her pet.  Being that she is my sister and she gets along with Justin, it comes as no surprise that she would want a more "unusual" pet than most.  Originally, she wanted a snake.  I think a ball python to be precise.  But there's no way our Mom would let us have anything like that in our house (I had to beg my parents for a fish my junior year of college, for goodness sake!), plus feeding mice to something does not sound like a good time.  So she decided on a leopard gecko.

So for Josephine's graduation from college this past May, Justin and I got her her very own gecko, complete with habitat and crickets (which the poor thing was terrified of and refused to eat).  New pet needs a name.  Nothing too common, but also nothing that is way too out there.  What does she decide on?  Oh yes...  King Henry.

Brilliant.

Words cannot describe how amazing that is.  He may be a girl for all we know!  Then she will have to change his name to be one of the women Henry The VIII was with.  The choices for that are pretty endless for that, though, so either way someone wins.

I'm proud of my sister.  Not only for being good at life and going to law school and all of that, but for naming her reptile something epic.

And now I must depart because Nika is attacking Justin's work shoes.  That happens pretty frequently around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment